Saturday, June 23, 2007

Getting Feisty

Alright my dear ones I think we can ALL agree that this blog is far overdue. I have not been a very faithful blogger and because many of you aren't here with me, not a very faithful friend. So, it's time to fill you in just a bit. Thus far, this summer has been very, very busy and I am afraid that I have become overcome by the busyness of it. I miss all my wall ballers so very, very much. I miss the simplicity of waking up, eating, going to the dungeon, rising up from the depths for coffee ( or having tobi bring us some), returning to the dungeon, listening to scotch say some of the most stupidly wonderful things, studying a very small amount, eating, watching the hearbeats video with dan for the 800th time, studying a very small amount, spending too much time taking odd pictures on photobooth with as many people as we could possibly fit in the frame, eating, studying a very small amount, and finally going to bed... that is if we had studied enough very small amounts combined to give us a passing grade and then doing it all again. I miss that, although that was just as exhausting. So most likely it's just that I miss you all.

So what have I been doing? I saw Feist in Atlanta. I know. Amazing right? Michael don't start crying, I have video you can watch, it'll be okay. I thought of you all as I went to that concert. I mean....FEIST! I still can't believe it when I'm listening to her in the car. I'm like, " I SAW HER? Wha?, Whe?, Who?". It's crazy. It was absolutely amazing. I went with my best friend Joanna. We decided to make it a little weekend get away. We rented a room at the Hampton Inn, which was a big deal to me. There's something about renting a room on your own with your friend that made me feel old, which is kinda stupid I know but, you will all be happy to know I did not take a picture in front of the sign despite the persistant urge to do so. We went shopping at a near by mall and then headed off to our destination area before rush hour kicked in. The concert was in downtown Atlanta Variety Play House which is in this utopian society that is uber hip and chic and cool. The best way to explain it is... the kind of place that Bethany could live. It had her essence of downtown chicness and layed back attitude that almost didn't recognize how cool it was. It's hipply named "The Five Spot". There were these amazing little nooks with vintage clothes, thrift stores, hip boutiques, small, welcoming taverns, walls of graffiti art, great music pumping out store doors, it was the kind of place that I have only dreampt about stumbling upon. It was oh so much fun. The concert wasn't until 8:30 and both Joanna and I almost got lost in the beauty of this new found hotspot that we had to keep reminding each other of the real reason we were there, to see Feist; at which point we would both hysterically freak out.

Our tickets were General Admission so we kept an eye on Variety Play House and its doors. We wanted to be one of the first ones in. We started to see people wandering over that way and decided to get our place in line around 6:30.

The doors opened at 7:30 and after havig a total hour to plot our plan of action we pounced in through the doors and briskly walked to the base of the stage. We were in the very center, in the very front.

We looked at each other in disbelief that we had just walked in, quite easily, to the front of the stage. We stood for another hour, being forced to hold firm as people poured in. When the place finally filled up (it was a sold out show) Joanna and I turned back to see about fifteen hundred people at our backs. It was amazing, Feist was amazing, and it was the best fifteen bucks I have ever spent in my life. The band was so interactive and lively. At one point they made the entire crowd seperate into boys and girls on opposite sides of the venue and then slow dance with each other, total strangers, slow dancing and singing. I slow danced with Joanna ofcourse but it was great to see other people akwardly obeying. It was so great and I wish you could all have been there on the front row taking in an amazing show with me. You just would have loved it.
Aside from all of that excitement I've been working at Easy Seafood and it's just work. I'm getting ready to go to Charelston, South Carolina tommorrow morning with the family and the day I get back from SC I'm headed to Jekyl Island off the coast of Georgia with Adam and his family. It's going to be a long two weeks of vacation and I think it will be good but long.
I need time to think about a lot of different things. I talked with Bethany last night and she gave me a lot of things to think about, things that need to be placed in perspective and I'm so thankful that she is a true friend, one that will call me back to the place she knows I need to be and tell me as it is. I can't tell you all how thankful I am for her and her way with me nor can I really explain the extent of my love for that precious being except to say, that I love her in the same way I love and care and apprecitiate each and every one of my dear wall ball friends. You all have shown me the love that God has shown you and I thankyou for blogging and calling and writting and for all that you do my dears because everytime you blog, and call, and write I am reminded of the bliss of being emersed in the love of a family ( that's what we wall ballers are) of believers. I love you all so much. I'm so sorry it took me this long to blog to you all.
Don't hesitate to call, I've lost everyones numbers because my phone was stolen my a homeless man (which is a blog within itself), but do call. I love you all and miss you much.

4 comments:

Sienna said...

chelschels...
you're a writer! seriously. this was really wonderful to read... you had me almost as excited as you and joanna when I was reading about you two in line and getting your way to the front of the venue.

i miss your precious and beautiful face... you're a knock-out by the way in that photo! as tobi would say, "wooooh!"

Michael Kendall said...

doobie-
im really glad to hear that you aren't in fact dead. i will call you soon, and we will talk.

love, michael

Anonymous said...

CHELS!!!
It's so so good to read your words and see your face! And I wish I could have been there with you for all of that. I wish there was a place like "The Five Spot" near to me. jealous.

I'm praying for your time in SC, i know exactly what you mean when you say "I need time to think about a lot of different things." Even if I don't know what those things are, I understand that feeling.
So know that you are dearly dearly missed, thought about often, and being prayed for.
I love you!

Lowen said...

...good grief, what about GRIZZLY FREAKIN BEAR?!