
Family - "an association of people who share common beliefs or activities". One of the many definitions of family and one that could not be more true of the group of people that I love so much.
Yesterday on "Day of Payer" my family gathered around a table lined with red fabric and white lace and feasted and fellowshiped together, fully enjoying the beauty of a brisk fall day outside and a warm, compassionate environment inside. At one point Sienna, Kyrie, Helen, and I paused and listened to the joy that swallowed the room.
There was a theme of fellowship that enveloped this morning. This day of prayer. This day of a family affair. We were all home more or less. Home in the sense that we were filled with warmth, and happiness, and even after the bustling about, a lethargic bliss.
As I sat at the table and ate our breakfasty brunch I looked around at each little beaming face of my family of friends and felt immensely blessed that I could call these bundle of joys my family, that when I said I felt at home, it was no lie. Each one of them fit the definition of my family- a group of people, who all love the Lord, and all enjoy such simple activities as feasting and fellowshiping.
God continually shows me over and over again just how thankful I am for each and every one of these dear little ones. I am more than content to wake each morning, rise out of bed, and know that I will stumble upon one of my lil' family members, and be filled with such joy from their presence alone.
Each one of them has allowed me to see more fully the love of Christ, his kindness, his patience, his mercy, his grace, his forgiveness, and the value he sees in each of us although we are such sinful beings.
This is my dear family, we are disfunctional, we are loud, we are misfits, we are sinful, but we are all his and how thankful I am for that.





2 comments:
oh my gosh..i love this post.. and that first picture is so pretty and perfect.. dang the whole time i was reading it, i was thinking "i gotta link this on my blog!!" you captured it so well..
what a wonderful morning. ive been wanting to see these pictures. thanks for posting them dear.
love, sienna
Chels, this made me cry. And I am at work, and all of the sales guys are looking at me, and they don't know what to do. I miss you and I love you. I'm so glad you posted, it was beautiful.
Post a Comment