Saturday, December 15, 2007

Meet the Re-inventor of My World


At the closing of this semester I felt a dreadful panic sweep over me, a panic that I was absolutely unable to confront the issues that lie before me. Overwhelmed by the decisions that will have to occur in these coming three months. I was terrified, as I sat in room 416 of Carter, and looked around at everyone with their gleaming faces, excited for the break, welcoming of Christmas, and looking forward to the next semester that I would sadly be missing out on. As I found myself in this state of fear and panic, all I could think about for that moment was what I didn‘t have. Feeling shamelessly sorry for myself, amidst a sea of exams and what seemed like the ending of an era of schooling and frolicky friendships, I headed home; my eyes full of tears.
Once I arrived home I headed upstairs to sit on my bed, to ponder my future decisions, and to attempt to study for exams. As I sat there on my down comforter, my hands laced over my bump of a stomach, I felt it- a gentle reminder from within. With one kick from my precious little boy, my thoughts, my self- pity, and my heart was melted and molded into what they should have been all along. A feeling of resolve and comfort swept over me as I realized the magnitude of his little words without words. He, unable to speak had spoken volumes with a gentle kick for his mom to remember just what she was to be thinking- that she was blessed immensely, that she was not incapable, that God would prepare her for whatever was to come. This little boy was in a sense holding his mother's hand from within the womb and with such a tender touch, telling her all was well.
Now of course this meant more tears as I was broken with the realization that I had lost sight of what I was to be focused on, that I should be so thankful for this little re-inventor of my world. He has already done such a great amount of things in my life. I am certain that he was no mistake, that the Lord knew exactly what he was doing when he placed this little life in me- he was awakening a dead me. He instilled a beautiful, little, growing life in me, not only physically but spiritually. The master of reinvention, the God who loves us enough to diligently reinvent who we our each and everyday through the cleansing of our filth and the shedding of light upon new things about him and our inabilities without him. He has blessed me with the gift of reinvention that is literally within me, growing, evolving, and reminding me with a gentle kick that he is there and so is his and my creator, daily reinventing our world.

9 comments:

Sienna said...

chelsey!!

i have never read such a beautiful post. i'm serious. you are a beautiful writer--i had no idea. it blew me away. i'm just sittng here chomping on my cereal and can't believe the words i am blessed to read!

keep your chin up dear girl.
i'm thinking about you.
-kyrie

scotch said...

chelchels! im so glad for your post. its true- we so easily lose sight of what the Lord has placed right in front of our faces. thanks for the reminder. im praying for you- for you and whit.

scott

James M. Harrison said...

Chelsey- absolutely incredible post. Keep 'em coming, and have a most merry Christmas.

See you in a few weeks-

James

Sienna said...

well i'm crying...thanks to you.
oh chelsey... you're so beautiful. i love how you tied together all the different strings here and reminded me of a creator who has re-invented me ...made me new...and constantly works out situations in my life when i doubted he could or would. it's amazing how easily i loose sight of his love day to day. thank you for the gentle reminder.

you are such a treasure.
a treasure of a friend.

love, sienna

James and Helen said...

Thank you for your words Chelsey. Its so good to be reminded of things bigger than me. Like new life and the creator of it all.

I love you sweet girl and I hope your Christmas has been a truly wonderful and refreshing time.

Helen

Michael Kendall said...

I love you.

Anonymous said...

that was absolutely beautiful.
you are in my prayers <3

kate said...

very beautiful words-very beautiful

Anonymous said...

Chels I am a big fan of yours. Everything about you. I just love you a lot. And I know I am reading this post a little late, but i couldn't pass up the opportunity to tell you what a great BIG blessing you are to me. To hear how God has been right next to you this whole time, to hear how he is encouraging you and changing you gives me great hope. I love and miss you more than you know, girl.