I will never let the words of Mr. Drew Belz escape me, when he called to my attention, with such bright eyes and conviction, the fact that within me was a miracle. A miracle that only Christ could so craftily place within me. That was in August and I remember it now as I recollect every miraculous second I have spent with my dear Wit. The seven pound miracle that packed such a life changing punch and that continues to. The one so many have prayed for, the little one so many felt stirring within me; their hand's and eye's glued to my stomach, readily anticipating what was next. Little Wit, whose name so perfectly suited him, meaning life. That is most certainly what he has caused me to appreciate so much. His little life- my little Wit.
He is in the arms of other's now. Elijah Wit Duble was adopted on March 20th, 2008. Although my heart pines for him. A pining that I can not express in words, I am happy for him. Happy he is safe and secure and that he is in the arms of believers who have the capacity to love him as I love him- a difficult feat. A love that causes me to pray unceasingly that his days will be the kind of days I only wish I could write. That every day would blossom a morning golden and true. That when he sleeps the night will be filled deep with moonshine. And that this sort of beauty will last for all of time. That is what I wish for him. A life straight out of a lullaby.
He is God's miracle. He is forever my son. He is Wit... Say Hello.



3 comments:
Chels...he is SO beautiful. Oh, my, goodness.
I just keep reading your words over and over, and starring at these photos. He's so perfect!
I'm so thankful for that moment when the elevator doors opened and it was you standing on the other side. That was a gift and a blessing that I cherish-
I love you. Always always praying for you.
chels,
your son is beautiful. i cannot explain you how surreal it is to you see that little human and know it's your child--that your rounded stomach was harboring that little man for nine months..he's got your lips:)
thank you for sharing photos and words and your thoughts. i think about you all the time--seriously. wondering how you are doing. i miss your spunk--hopefully i'll see it in all it's glory this friday. !!
i love you chels-chels.
-k
yesterday i couldnt comment on this because tears were streaming down my face-i will attempt this now-beautiful words Chelsea-words spoken from the heart and soul of a mother in love. You have given these people the most wonderful gift in all the world. Take one day at a time-live in the moment and praise God for all that has transpired these many months and especially these last weeks. You have been so brave and selfless. May God bless you richly. Sienna and Kyrie's mom, xokate
Post a Comment